Djokovic and Nadal ‘won’t be talking politics this week’ as Players Association disagreement continues
Novak Djokovic says he has seen Rafael Nadal at the Italian Open, but they two have not discussed politics – and nor will they.
The top two players in the men’s game have not seen eye-to-eye over Djokovic’s new Players Association.
The two are appearing in the same tournament this week for the first time since the Australian Open back in January, but Djokovic says there won’t be time for talks.
“I saw him very, very briefly, very quickly, just said hello,” Djokovic explained after his second round win.
We didn’t chat about tennis politics or anything like that – and that’s not gonna happen during the tournament.
“Maybe there will be time for that next week before Roland Garros when we don’t have matches for maybe three, four days, maybe that would be a chance to do it.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner