Stefanos Tsitsipas hails ‘unbelievable experience’ at Tokyo Olympics
Despite disappointing results, Stefanos Tsitsipas has expressed that he thoroughly enjoyed his Olympics debut this summer.
The Greek superstar came into the Olympics as one of the favourites for gold in the men’s singles, but fell to Ugo Humbert in the round of 16.
Tsitsipas also bowed out before the medal rounds in the mixed doubles, with he and partner Maria Sakkari downed by eventual bronze medallists Ashleigh Barty and John Peers.
“Win or lose, these are the kind of milestones as an athlete that will stay with you as you grow older,” Tsitsipas posted on his socials alongside photos from the tournament.
“Representing my home country of Greece at the Olympics has been an unbelievable experience.”
Win or lose, these are the kind of milestones as an athlete that will stay with you as you grow older. Representing my home country of Greece at the Olympics has been an unbelievable experience.
— Stefanos Tsitsipas (@steftsitsipas) August 1, 2021
Tsitsipas has struggled for form since reaching the French Open final in June, and will be looking to start his US hard court swing well as the season builds to the US Open.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner