‘Novak Djokovic is incredibly humble,’ says former ace on compatriot
A former top-10 player has described his fellow countryman Novak Djokovic with great praise.
Former world No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic has spoken about his relationship with fellow Serb Novak Djokovic and lauded the 18-time Slam champion as a player and character.
“Novak is incredibly humble off the court,” Tipsarevic said on the Double Bagel podcast. “He is probably talking about this stature, the most unmaterialistic person that you would ever meet.
“Like when you normally create generational wealth, people like this tend to change. Novak, from the moment that I know him up until this point, didn’t change one single bit in any way.”
Janko Tipsarevic played alongside Novak Djokovic for Team Serbia in their triumphant 2010 Davis Cup campaign. The title represents the country’s first and to date only Davis Cup championship.
“[He is] definitely the most unmaterialisitic person that I know,” Tipsarevic added on Djokovic.
“A guy with a big heart who is always trying to help everybody, especially Serbia and his teammates.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner