Novak Djokovic: ‘I don’t compare myself to Federer and Nadal’
Novak Djokovic has declared that he is not interested in comparisons between himself, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, or any other player for that matter.
Novak Djokovic says that despite the general tennis public often comparing him alongside Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, he does not personally take much importance from such debates.
‘I only compare myself to myself from 15 years ago,’ Djokovic told Serbian news outlet Blic. ‘Because, in all other comparisons, we start to get lost,’ the world No. 1 added.
‘Do you know how many times we just lose our temper because of things like that?
‘I mean, as far as I’m concerned, I stopped comparing myself with others about five years ago. I don’t want to compare myself with anyone at all’
15 years ago, Novak Djokovic was 18 years old without even a Masters 1000 title to his name. And five years ago, Djokovic finally achieved his dream of the Career Grand Slam by winning the 2016 French Open.
‘I write my authentic life story, becuase I am the only one who knows me 100%,’ the Serb added.
‘That’s why I know what I want to achieve, what I want to do with my life, who I want to become.’
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner