‘No. 1 a real possibility’ describes coach on next Daniil Medvedev objectives
Daniil Medvedev has a real shot at claiming the top rankings spot on the ATP tour according to this renowned coach.
The Russian upset world number one Novak Djokovic to secure a first Slam title in New York.
Now, Medvedev is eyeing the number one crown as another prize to wrestle from the 20-time slam champion, says his coach Gilles Cervara.
“It’s a package, they are legitimate objectives,” Cervara explained about reaching number one and claiming more Slams.
“But above all, I tell myself that it involves work and improving many things on a daily basis. The team has already started to think: yes, he wins a Grand Slam, but we can see a lot of things to improve.
“These things represent the concrete aspects to be deployed with a view to a potential future great result. To be number one and win other majors, you have to achieve concrete things, at work, every day.
“We will do them. After that, if it goes well, we’ll say ‘hey, we’ve won.'”
Medvedev has so far reached three Slam finals, winning one, is the defending ATP Finals champion and has four Masters 1000 titles to his name.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner