Korda ‘has it all’ declares McEnroe following Wimbledon triumph
Sebastian Korda is making waves during his Wimbledon debut and the all-time legend is backing the youngster to do big things in the future.
The world No. 50 is making only his fourth Grand Slam main draw appearance at The Championships.
However, the 20-year-old has already made the fourth round at both the French Open in 2020 and Wimbledon this year after defeating British No. 1 and 22nd seed Dan Evans.
“People here in Great Britain are getting an idea of why tennis fans in America are so excited by what they’re seeing from Sebastian Korda,” McEnroe said after the victory.
“He’s got the game, he’s got the belief, he’s got the composure. He’s got it all actually. And he’s gonna only get better.”
Fans may recognise the Korda name, as Sebastian is the son of Petr Korda, former world No. 2 and 1998 Australian Open champion.
The younger Korda turns 21 on 5th July when he will face Russian 25th seed Karen Khachanov, who is making his second appearance in the fourth round of Wimbledon.
“[For his next match] based on recent form, [Korda] will come in as the slight favourite,” believes the three-time Wimbledon champion.
“Khachanov is getting his game back, but [the quarter-final] is open for both these guys.”
Khachanov has a 16-14 win-loss record so far in 2021, while Korda has an 18-9 record and a title in Parma to his name just prior to Roland Garros.
- Keep up to date with all the breaking Wimbledon News
- Enjoy our exclusive & free ‘Guide to Wimbledon 2021′
- Order the bumper Wimbledon special issue of Tennishead magazine
- Follow our live commentary from all the biggest matches at Wimbledon
- Don’t miss a thing with our Wimbledon Live Scores service
- Follow Tennishead at Wimbledon on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all Tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner