‘It suits him perfectly!’ Djokovic senior delighted with coaching partnership
Srdjan Djokovic, Novak’s father, is thrilled about his son’s coaching relationship with former ace Goran Ivanisevic.
The father of Novak Djokovic described the relationship as ‘fantastic’ when he spoke to Croatian media about the work he and Ivanisevic do together and what they have accomplished.
‘Goran joining his team, he hit the mark like he always does,’ he said when interviewed by Sportske Novosti.
‘Novak is fantastic in every way and he is aware of his flaws, flaws that he has tried to correct throughout his career.
‘[He has done so] alone and with the help of experts, such as Ivanisevic did for his serve.
‘It’s completely true that he improved his serve, and raised his precision and percentage and strength,’ he added.
‘He doesn’t throw so high anymore, Cilic threw maybe too high, and Novak also had problems.
‘He would twist like Cilic and Ivanisevic corrected that for him, that’s a fantastic thing.
‘Their collaboration has led to the fantastic title victory in Australia.’
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner