In-form ATP ace continues stellar 2021 with third title of the season
Casper Ruud has secured his fourth career ATP title and a third in 2021 by defeating Hugo Gaston in the final of the Swiss Open Gstaad.
The Norwegian overcame the French 20-year-old 6-3, 6-2 for a second title in as many weeks, a second in Switzerland in 2021. All of Ruud’s finals and titles have come on clay
“Well, first of all, to Hugo and your team, congrats on also two very good weeks,” Ruud began hi trophy acceptance speech. “I know you played the final last week also (of a Challenger in Romania) and your first ATP final (today).
“I’m sure you will win, hopefully next time you play one and hopefully we can also play more finals.
Can’t stop, won’t stop 💪
Back-to-back titles on clay for @CasperRuud98 🏆
— ATP Tour (@atptour) July 25, 2021
“That would be the best thing I think and we can play each other many times in the future. I hope you have a good rest of the year and of course rest of your career.
“I’m sure we’ll see you around. So good job for the week and good luck for everything that comes for you.”
Ruud is currently sitting at a career-high ranking of world No. 14, and will now be ninth in the ATP Race to Turin for the ATP Finals in November.
Read more about the Norwegian’s ambitions for 2021.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner