ATP rising star ‘definitely aiming for Tour Finals’ in Turin
A fast-improving ATP pro has his sights set on the year-end Finals as an ultimate goal for an impressive 2021 season on-court.
Casper Ruud is making waves on the ATP tour this year and is eyeing up a chance to make it as one of the top-eight to play Turin come November.
The 22-year-old is now at a career-high ranking of No. 14, with a win-loss record to date of 28-9, seventh in terms of wins recorded.
“It is something you look up to [qualifying for the ATP Finals],” Ruud told ATPTour.com. “It shows you have been one of the best players on Tour.
“It is definitely something I am aiming for, and if it happens this year that will be amazing. In tennis, you need to take your chances and earn your way up.”
The Norwegian is currently 10th in the ATP Race To Turin, with two titles so far in 2021, both on clay, at the Geneva Open and Swedish Open in Bastad.
“I have an incredible motivation to play on clay this year, especially after the cancellation of clay events last season,” Ruud explained.
“I think I am playing with a high intensity and good mentality on every point. At this level, it is normally a couple of points that decide a match.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner