‘I’m excited to return to Wimbledon!’ Auger-Aliassime declares
Next-gen star Felix Auger-Aliassime is looking forward to what the rest of the season will bring, especially a return to The Championships.
Felix Auger-Aliassime is excited for the near future, particularly at the Slams.
“We have a big calendar of tennis right now!” the 20-year-old Canadian exclaimed in an interview for Eurosport.
“Tokyo this summer is definitely something we’re working towards; the selection hasn’t been completed yet but if I had the chance to go, it would really be a dream come true.”
Weeks prior to the last Olympics of Rio 2016, Felix Auger-Aliassime was seeded no. 3 in the Boys’ Singles at Wimbledon as a 15-year-old. He fell in the quarter-finals to eventual finalist and fellow ATP tour youngster Alex de Minaur.
“Then I’d love to also reach a later stage at the Grand Slams,” Auger-Aliassime continued. The Canadian’s best Grand Slam results have come at the US Open in 2020 and the Australian Open this year. In both cases he reached the fourth round.
“I’m pretty excited about returning to Wimbledon in particular because I loved playing there for the first time [in the main draw] two years ago.”
Felix Auger-Aliassime will next take to the court against Casper Ruud in the first round of the Madrid Masters.
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner