‘A Slam for Jannik Sinner is coming’ proclaims past Roland Garros champ
A former French Open champion proclaimed that it is not a matter of if but when Jannik Sinner will win a maiden Grand Slam title.
2010 Roland Garros champion Francesca Schiavone sees great things ahead for compatriot Jannik Sinner, including the highest heights of the sport.
“He is a great guy,” Schiavone told Sky Sports. “I think a champion has to be an amazing person, then he loves this sport, and the third step is that he works a lot.
“He has a quality where he can see the ball faster than other players. He can be number one in the world,” the former world No. 4 added.
Jannik Sinner is still just 19 years old, but already has two tour level titles to his name; a Masters 1000 final appearance at the Miami Open this year; and a Grand Slam quarter-final run at Roland Garros in 2020.
Sinner is the second youngest player in the top-100 of the ATP rankings, just pipped to the accolade by fellow Italian Lorenzo Musetti.
“Absolutely, he can win a Grand Slam,” Schiavone continued.
“I know that he will. It’s coming.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner