WATCH: Norrie displays impeccable touch to triumph in battle of Brits
Cameron Norrie ended the fairytale run of teenager Jack Draper to reach the last four at Queen’s.
The British no. 2 dispatched the young wildcard with relative ease, 6-3, 6-3, in a little under 90 minutes on-court at Queen’s Club.
Norrie showed his class early on, including this delicate play in the second game of the match.
— LTA (@the_LTA) June 18, 2021
The world no. 41 defended his serve well, seeing off all five of Draper’s break opportunities throughout the match. Meanwhile, Norrie claimed 3 of 6 break chances, securing the match on his own serve.
Despite Draper’s run coming to an end, the 19-year-old will no doubt be happy with his performances during the week.
On top of some impressive results, the teenager earned himself a wildcard into his first ever Grand Slam main draw at Wimbledon at the end of the month.
Cameron Norrie will next face either Denis Shapovalov or Frances Tiafoe for a place in the final of Queen’s 2021.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner