WATCH: Djokovic hits outrageous winner en route to French Open win
Novak Djokovic was at his dynamic best on Court Suzanne Lenglen as he dispatched opponent Pablo Cuevas to move on at the French Open.
Though Cuevas made a nuisance of himself in the third set, the world No. 1 made light work of the Uruguayan overall, securing the match in straight sets 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 in a little over two hours of play.
Though he by no means played poorly, it was a match of missed opportunities for Cuevas. Despite having more break point chances than Djokovic, Cuevas claimed just 1 of 9 (11%) while the Serb converted 5 of 8 (63%).
Djokovic has defended his serve impressively so far in the tournament, saving 14 of 15 break points (93%) across his two matches so far.
Meanwhile, he has taken 10 of 19 break point chances (53%) in the same matches.
Djokovic will next face Ricardas Berankis for the second year running at the French Open, having defeated the Lithuanian in straight sets for the loss of just 5 games in the second round last year.
Djokovic has a 3-0 win-loss record against Berankis, winning each match in straight sets.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner