Tsitsipas withdraws from Halle due to personal loss
Stefanos Tsitsipas will not play the Noventi Open following his run to the French Open final and a recent family shock.
Halle announced that the Greek superstar has pulled out of the tournament due to “personal reasons”.
Tsitsipas recently suffered the loss of his grandmother, learning of the news mere minutes before his epic French Open final against Novak Djokovic.
Due to personal reason, #Tsitsipas has withdrawn from the Singles and Doubles Draw at the #NOVENTIOPEN. He will be replaced by Yannick Hanfmann in the Singles. The team Petros & Stefanos Tsitsipas will be replaced by the team Yannick Hanfmann/Dominik Koepfer in the Doubles. #atp pic.twitter.com/L6A83UCcMT
— NOVENTI OPEN (@ATPHalle) June 14, 2021
Beyond his personal reasons for withdrawing, Tsitsipas is the player on tour with the most matches played to date in 2021.
The Greek has played 48 matches so far already this year, so can also be forgiven for taking time off the tour to rest as well as to spend time with family in this moment.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner