Tsitsipas fancies his game on grass: ‘I see opportunities there for me’
Stefanos Tsitsipas is optimistic heading into the grass court season as he looks to continue his strong form through the first half of 2021.
The Greek superstar is not playing a warm-up event on grass prior to Wimbledon, but is still looking to do well at The Championships.
“I see opportunities there for me,” Tsitsipas said. “I like the grass. I like playing on grass. I didn’t have the best results a few years ago, before COVID, when I last played on grass.”
In 2019, Tsitsipas, seeded 7th, went out in the first round to Thomas Fabbiano. His career best at Wimbledon came in 2018 when he made the fourth round before bowing out to eventual semi-finalist John Isner.
But this year the Greek looks imperious, boasting the most wins on the ATP tour to date this year (39), with a Slam final and semi-final, plus two titles including a maiden Masters 1000 title at Monte Carlo.
“I’m going to try and adapt my game to this surface,” the world No. 4 continued. “I think I have the game to play good on grass, too. I just need to be open-minded and adapt my game to this surface.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner