The level of Novak Djokovic is ‘something special’, says major winner
The level that world number one Novak Djokovic continues to produce is ‘something special’ says a multiple Grand Slam champion.
In a recent interview with Darren Cahill, Stan Wawrinka was full of praise for the ‘Big Three’ and in particular Djokovic, who the Swiss says has raised the bar.
Wawrinka commended the longevity of the ‘Big Three’, saying that they continue to push the limit of how well you can play the sport.
“Well, you never expect a player to be ready to win four Grand Slams, but I think what they show us since 15 years, even more between Roger, Rafa, and Novak, they are just pushing the extreme limit of how well you can play tennis,” said the three-time Major winner.
“Novak a bit more the last few years. His level is for sure something special,” said Wawrinka.
The Swiss also discussed whether Djokovic can win his fourth Major of the year, and Wawrinka admitted he always feels the Serb is going to win.
“It’s tough to really say for me, I always feel that he will win because of the way he is playing, the way he can close match, and the way he can find his way. I always feel he is going to win.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner