“The decision is made” Organisers announce update on French Open 2021 schedule
The French Open 2021 will take place in it’s usual diary slot of late May to early June according to their Tournament Director Guy Forget
Without a crystal ball to tell him what the pandemic situation will be like in 2021, Guy Forget can only confirm that they intend to hold the French Open at Roland Garros in it’s original slot of the last weeks of May and early June.
Speaking in an interview after the 2020 French Open was concluded on Sunday, Forget said, “I would say to make a decision on the tournament in May and June, it is not about ourself. Today for us the decision is made.
“We will play Roland Garros at the end of May and the beginning of June (2021) as it is done so far.
“So we cannot today expect what will be the situation, what will be the conditions and the sanitary conditions in the next spring. We cannot have a crystal ball to find the solution.
So for us, at this point, there is no debate.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner