‘That night was naughty!’ – Dominic Thiem and Nick Kyrgios reveal budding bromance
Dominic Thiem and Nick Kyrgios have revealed a budding bromance as they bonded over a ‘naughty’ night out in Acapulco together.
Whilst Thiem enjoys almost universal popularity among tennis fans, Kyrgios is a much more divisive figure.
That is something that Thiem is happy to acknowledge, but he says his own opinion of the Australian couldn’t be higher.
“He is distinctive,” Thiem wrote about Kyrgios on his website, “you cannot replace him, he is totally unique!
“Tennis should be happy to have such a person. This sport hasn’t seen anyone like him before and probably never will.
“People either hate him or they love him. Deep in his soul he is a very nice person.
“Some years ago we discovered the Acapulco night life together, that was awesome!”
Whatever it was that happened in Acapulco obviously resonated with Kyrgios too, as he took to Instagram to comment.
“Thanks for the love,” he said to Thiem. “That night in Mexico was naughty.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner