Svitolina makes Top 10 debut
Svitolina defeated Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 6-2 in the final, having upset top seed Angelique Kerber in the semi-finals.
“I’ve dreamed for all my life to be in Top 10,” she said. “It’s a very amazing feeling to enter the Top 10, and to do it by winning the tournament.
“It’s a big relief that I could win this match, because I knew that if I win this match I’m gonna be Top 10. There was extra pressure. When I was warning up, added even more pressure because they announced it – it didn’t help!”
Victory in Dubai is Svitolina’s sixth WTA title, and her second of the season, having won at the Taiwan Open earlier in February the 22-year-old is on a 12-match winning streak.
— Elina Svitolina (@ElinaSvitolina) February 25, 2017
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner