Stefanos Tsitsipas ‘struggled a lot’ during pandemic but insists ‘things are improving’
Stefanos Tsitsipas has opened up on his struggles during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Tsitsipas acknowledged he was not in the best frame of mind when competing during coronavirus outbreak earlier this year. With restrictions and lockdowns in place, the 23-year-old found it difficult to cope.
The pandemic taught Tsitsipas a lesson that life is all about adapting to difficult situations.
“I never imagined going through something in my life like a pandemic,” Tsistipas said. “Now I am in a better state mentally, I was not in the beginning. It’s all about adaptation; that’s how I see it. Once you adapt to your conditions, then the human brain and body have this ability to adapt to any circumstance and in any way.”
“Personally, I struggled a lot with this,” he added. “I never imagined that it would affect me so much, in a way that I hadn’t seen coming.”
Despite admitting to a difficult 2021, Tsitsipas is positive about the future and his tennis in 2022.
“Now I am confident,” Tsitsipas added. “Right now, I see the light at the end of the tunnel; things are improving. It’s so nice to finally see a solution and make our day-to-day lives much easier and have better access to different types of things that bring happiness and joy. Things are looking better, and things look a lot better on the ATP Tour. ”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner