Stefanos Tsitsipas is ‘closest to taking the mantle’ claims ATP star
Dan Evans believes Stefanos Tsitsipas is the biggest threat to the ‘Big Three’ and is closest to being the next guy to take the mantle.
Tsitsipas, who is still chasing his first Grand Slam title, came agonisingly close after leading two sets to love against Novak Djokovic in the French Open final.
However, despite the Roland Garros heartbreak, British number one Evans thinks the 22-year-old Greek star will have plenty of success in his career.
“I’ve played Stefanos Tsitsipas a few times and in my opinion, he is closest to being the next guy who will take the mantle,” Evans said.
“If he came to the net a bit more that would be him complete. His forehand and backhand are so good.”
Stefanos Tsitsipas, who is currently 39-9 for the year, faces a tough opening round against American star Frances Tiafoe before a possible meeting with Vasek Pospisil in the second round.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner