‘Roger Federer WILL win another Grand Slam,’ says former Wimbledon champion
Roger Federer has been backed to win another Grand Slam by former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli.
Federer is expected to return to the Tour in January following double knee surgery.
He has not won a major for three years now, and has started to struggle with injury in the latter stages of Slams.
Bartoli, though, believes Wimbledon will give him a unique advantage there – as long as he has sufficient tennis beforehand.
“Will Roger Federer win another Grand Slam title? Yes, of course,” Bartoli said.
“I think it is better he has a four to five month warm-up before he arrives at Wimbledon.
“I think if he arrives at SW 19 without any matches for 9 months and if Wimbledon is his first Slam of the year, he might be too rusty.
“He doesn’t have to use too much of his fitness on the grass due to the nature of his game.
“He can serve and volley, come to the net and use that slice wisely.
“If Roger Federer is able to build up some momentum and confidence, he can win it. He was so close against Novak last time.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner