Roger Federer offers positive update on knee injury: ‘Rehab is going really good, no setbacks’
Roger Federer provided a positive update following a third knee surgery, saying his rehab is going ‘really good’ and he has suffered ‘no setbacks’ yet in his recovery.
Federer had a 15 month spell on the injury side-lines after having back-to-back knee surgeries in 2019, the 39-year-old returned in March and played five events before revealing he will require another knee surgery that will leave him out for many months.
“I am recovering well, rehab is going really good I must say, I’ve had no setbacks every day is a better day. I’m feeling strong and excited for what is to come. I experienced it last year and I was surprised how easy for me to go through the rehab process because I know it’s not the easiest thing to do.” Federer said.
Despite feeling positive about returning from a third knee surgery, the 39-year-old insisted he won’t be rushing back and must take it step-by-step.
“I wish I could be back on a tennis court as quick as possible, but I have to be patient and it’s a slower period right now. I’ve got to take it step-by-step, so far, so good, I am very happy.” he added.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel- Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner