Rafael Nadal to play Paris Masters as he eyes another piece of tennis history
Rafael Nadal has resisted the temptation to end his season early and has decided to play the Paris Masters, say reports.
Nadal was in scintillating form in the French capital earlier this month and he will be looking to replicate that when he returns for the Paris-bercy Masters in November, report Marca.
Curiously, despite his dominance on the clay in Paris, he has never won the Masters event in the city.
It is one of only three Masters-level events, along with Shanghai and Miami, that he is yet to win, and with both Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer missing from the line-up he may never get a better chance.
He could also achieve his 1000th career win in Paris – a feat that only three other players, Jimmy Connors, Roger Federer, and Ivan Lendl, have managed.
After the French Open, Nadal admitted to being undecided as to whether he would play again this season.
“It is just conversation I need to have with my family and team especially during the next couple of days,” he told the press.
“I am just doing my best to not make bad decisions. To make the right decisions, I need to think only about what I need to think.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner