Rafael Nadal tips Andy Murray to overcome injury issues: ‘He has the passion’
Rafael Nadal has paid tribute to Andy Murray, saying his passion for tennis is shining through his injury problems.
Murray was the world number one in 2017 when he was struck down by the hip injury that has decimated his career ever since.
He has since attempted multiple comebacks, the latter of which coming following major resurfacing surgery which is seeing him essentially trying to play with a metal hip.
Though he has never had to face as serious a problem as Murray, Nadal is no stranger to fighting his way back from injury, and he has hailed the British star for his spirit.
“I haven’t spoken much to him lately, and I know he is fighting hard to come back to the top of his level,” Nadal told Celebrity Magazine of Murray.
“It is never easy after such serious surgery, but the fact that he is fighting and coming back shows his love for the game and his passion for our sport.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner