Rafael Nadal reveals his target for career Grand Slam titles but vows he ‘won’t go crazy’ to achieve it
Rafael Nadal says he has set himself a target of 25 career Grand Slam titles, but he ‘won’t go crazy’ to reach it.
Nadal currently has 19 to his name, one behind Roger Federer and two ahead of Novak Djokovic as the trio vie to set the new bar in career Slams.
That quest will be boosted by his dominance on clay, but at 34-years-old he knows time is starting to work against him and his scheduling is more important than ever.
“I’m super happy with how my career has evolved [but] I can’t go crazy thinking about 20 or if Novak is winning,” Nadal told the BBC.
“I just try to do my way, keep enjoying tennis. I would love to finish my career with 25 if it is possible.
“But let’s see. I hope to produce opportunities for myself in the next couple of years.”
Rafael Nadal seems likely to play both the US Open and French Open in September. He is the defending champion in both.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner