‘Rafael Nadal is feeling pretty good and that’s a positive sign,’ says Andy Murray
Andy Murray believes Rafael Nadal is ‘feeling good’ despite his loss to Dominic Thiem at the ATP Finals, which bodes well for the Spaniard.
Nadal lost a brilliant match against Thiem on Tuesday leaving him needing to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas to progress.
And Murray, who has seen him in practice, believes the defeat has done nothing to dampen Nadal’s confidence.
“I saw a couple of videos of him on the practice court and he looked in good spirits, seemed happy.,” Murray told Gael Monfils of Rafael Nadal in a live stream.
“Sometimes the day after your losses, I know at a normal tournament the day after I lose you’re pretty down and upset, thinking about the previous match. He looked as if he was pretty happy out there, which I think is a good sign.
“He spoke and felt like he played well against Thiem, too, and it was a tight one so I think Rafa is feeling pretty good and Stefanos will have to play better if he wants to win that.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner