‘Rafael Nadal has an absolutely massive forehand,’ says ATP ace after training with him
Rafael Nadal has an ‘absolutely massive forehand’ according to Marc Polmans, who has trained with the Spaniard.
The world number 124 has been fortunate enough to get a perspective of Nadal that very few others can, and he says it was an enlightening experience – and a privilege.
“It was seriously cool,” Polmans said of getting the opportunity to train with Rafael Nadal.
“I’ve practised with him three or four times now and been lucky enough to train with him on his days off when he’s preparing for a match, so we’ve hit for up to two hours.
“Just the ball he hits is not quite the same as any other player I’ve faced. His forehand is absolutely massive.
“Having all his coaches on the court and hearing him discuss his game is just awesome.”
Nadal only played six tournaments in total in 2020, but it was still a landmark year for him.
He won his 13th Roland Garros title in October, drawing him level with Roger Federer for most career Grand Slam titles.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner