Rafa Nadal joins Roger Federer in calling for a combined men’s and women’s tennis tour
Rafa Nadal has now backed his great rival Roger Federer in calling for an amalgamation of the ATP and WTA tennis tours
Rafa Nadal has replied to Roger Federer’s Twitter comments in support of his suggestion that now is the time to merge global tennis to create a joint tour for both male and female professionals.
Nadal has said: “Hey Roger as you know per our discussions I completely agree that it would be great to get out of this world crisis with the union of men’s and women’s tennis in one only organisation”
This will be seen as a huge note of credibility and suggests that maybe discussions are already further down the line than many suspect. Why else would someone as influential as Federer suggest such a huge change if he didn’t know there was a chance it might happen?
Nadal’s reply on Twitter was:
Hey @rogerfederer as you know per our discussions I completely agree that it would be great to get out of this world crisis with the union of men’s and women’s tennis in one only organisation 🎾👍🏻 https://t.co/fTCfvMiU4G
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) April 22, 2020
Earlier, Federer had posted multiple comments on Twitter about his ideas which can be read here. Federer’s idea received immediate feedback from a number of high profile players including Nick Kyrgios and Simona Halep.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner