Racket Review: Babolat Pure Aero Tour
With a reputation for manufacturing rock solid frames, The Babolat Pure Aero Tour lands towards the heavier end of the advanced racket spectrum and because of that it packs quite a punch.
This 315g beast – the frame’s unstrung weight – and its fairly generous 100-square-inch racket face (for bats aimed at the more talented end of the market) means generating power will never be a problem.
In fact, that’s exactly what the testers found, but generally that seemed to be more of a negative than a positive. While this packed a punch, both Adam and Elliot felt its power at times was too hot to handle, with Adam describing it as “unpredictable”. Our testers loved the look though. “Very cool,” they agreed.
Babolat Pure Aero Tour – voted Best for Power in the 2016 tennishead advanced racket awards
First-strike tennis has become a key element of dominating rallies in this era, so players who compete regularly need the equipment to help them do that. The Pure Aero Tour certainly delivers in that area, but be sure to retain an element of control along the way.
If you are looking for a racket aimed at club players, make sure you read the 2016 intermediate racket reviews in tennishead Volume 7 Issue 3. For more in-depth gear reviews, great features, and stunning images subscribe to tennishead today. ´è_´è_´è_
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner