Quote Machine: No.2 Jelena Jankovic
Originally published on: 26/02/10 14:33
You have to laugh at some of the nonsense that athletes blurt out, dont you?
Having already featured the one and only Anna Kournikova and her ten best pearls of wisdom, we thought we should pay tribute to world No.1-in-waiting Jelena Jankovic.
Whether its in press conferences, at PR events or blogging on her personal website, Jelena isnt slow to speak her mind the girl is a walking quote machine.
And well drink to that
JJs top ten quotes
- Just before it was confirmed that she would become world No.1 on 11 August: “It doesn’t matter, the first ranking. I want to be healthy. I don’t really think about number one. If it’s going to happen, it will happen but at the moment I don’t deserve that spot. I am not in the best shape.”
- And again, just before it was confirmed that she would become world No.1 on 11 August: For me this is a childhood dream come true. In fact, I think I am still living the dream it is difficult to believe that it is a reality and I think the news is still sinking in it is a real honour.
- On her appearance on court 18 at the 2008 Wimbledon Championships: I was almost playing in the parking lot. I almost need a helicopter to go to my court.
- On motivating her 2007 mixed doubles partner Jamie Murray: When it was break point I was telling him ‘hit a good return because you know you are gonna get many more kisses’.
- On which super power she would choose: “To be able to turn invisible. Wouldnt that be cool? Just think of all the places I could go unnoticed.”
- On looking her best on court: I would like a good hairdo for my next match.
- JJ settles into life in India: I have been washing my face and teeth with Evian water only.
- On her quarter-final defeat to Lindsay Davenport at the 2007 Bali event: I didn’t train much and it’s tough to get motivated here. But it’s OK, now I can finally go to the beach.
- JJ on making ends meet: I love shopping… I love swiping my card and in order to do that I have to work very hard.
- On her unique training methods: I have been spending a lot of time with my fitness trainer in the sandpit.