2020, issue 1, March
tennishead looks in detail at the what has happened during the Coronavirus outbreak and what will the tennis world look like when the game returns, plus much much more.
Inside the magazine you’ll find:
- When tennis returns, these will be the stars…
- Ten of their finest victories: Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- When Andy met Novak, who met Stan etc: Online chats between top players have brought new insights into their lives and careers.
- Can an ATP-WTA merger work?
- Exclusive interview with Dan Evans: “There’s still a big year ahead”
- Exclusive interview with Sylvain Bruneau, Bianca Andreescu’s coach: “Her game on clay is really, really good and she’s done well on hard courts”
- David Goffin, exclusive interview: “I just have to work differently”
- Patrick Mouratoglou exclusive column: “Authenticity and emotion: that’s what the fans want to see”
- Annabel Croft exclusive column: “Clijsters is not coming back just to make up the numbers”
- Stories you may have missed during lockdown
- Alexander Zverev’s physical conditioner, Jez Green, looks at the fitness challenges presented by a return to competition following the shutdown
- “Most professionals are great ball-strikers but poor students of the game” Craig O’Shannessy, the world’s leading tennis strategy expert, recalls a conversation with Kevin Anderson that helped put the South African’s career on an upward path
- “Plenty of reasons to feel positive about the future of our sport” David Sammel, founder of Mindset College, suggest that tennis can reach out to many more fans
- Reviews of the latest and best new rackets and shoes on the market including the Head Prestige and the ASICS Solution Speed
- Multiple competitions to win free tennis equipment
- Our stringing expert explains why they are such an important of your game
The Final Set
- Statisitics: Only the best get the better of Andy Murray
- The big shutdown tennis quiz
- The tennis tourist goes to Madrid
- The last word: “When will Federer take his final bow?”