Players to watch in 2020/21: Taylor Fritz
If the tennis tour does return in 2020 or early 2021 then who are the players to watch out for? Which youngsters could make the biggest impact. Here tennishead picks a player who could make a real impact: Taylor Fritz
Taylor Fritz’s potential has been evident ever since he made the world’s top 100 nearly four years ago, but his progress since has been steady rather than spectacular. The 22-year-old American proved his prowess on grass when he claimed his first tour-level title at Eastbourne this summer. He also reached finals at Los Cabos and Atlanta in a year when he claimed the scalps of Alexander Zverev, Dominic Thiem and Gael Monfils.
Taylor Fritz career statistics
Taylor Fritz personal profile
- Began playing tennis at age 2 because both parents played.
- Father, Guy, is a tennis coach; mother, Kathy May, was a Top 10 player on women’s tour; brothers, Chris and Kyle.
- Likes all surfaces. Favourite shots are serve and forehand.
- Favourite tournament is US Open.
- Idols growing up were Juan Martin del Potro and Pete Sampras, who presented him with a cake on 18th birthday at 2015 Monterrey, MEX Challenger.
- Dream opponents are Sampras and Andre Agassi.
- Named 2016 ATP Newcomer of the Year.
- Enjoys playing FIFA and hanging out with friends.
- Fan of Manchester United and Los Angeles Chargers (NFL).
- Wife, Raquel Pedraza, played at all 4 junior Grand Slams (married 7 July 2016); son, Jordan (born 20 January 2017).
- Trains in Carson, CA, USA.
- Fitness trainer is Rodney “Rocket” Marshall.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner