Players to watch in 2020/21: Felix Auger-Aliassime
If the tennis tour does return in 2020 or early 2021 then who are the players to watch out for? Which youngsters could make the biggest impact. Here tennishead picks a player who could make a real impact: Felix Auger-Aliassime
Although his second half of 2019 was not as productive as the first, Felix Auger-Aliassime emerged as a player to be feared with some outstanding performances. In the spring the 19-year-old Canadian reached the finals in Rio, Lyon and Stuttgart and made the semi-finals in Miami. An ankle injury brought his season to a premature end, but he started 2020 ranked No 21 in the world, 87 places higher than he did in 2019.
Felix Auger-Aliassime career statistics
Felix Auger-Aliassime personal profile
- Nicknames are FA2 and Ogr.
- Speaks French and English.
- Began playing tennis at age 5 with his dad.
- Father, Sam Aliassime, is a tennis coach and originally from Togo; mother, Marie Auger, is a teacher; sister, Malika, also plays tennis.
- Favourite surface is hard, shot is forehand and tournament is ATP Masters 1000 Canada.
- Idol growing up was Roger Federer, with whom he shares a birthday. Trained together in Dubai following 2017 season.
- Dream opponent is Yannick Noah.
- Enjoys playing piano and performed at 2019 ATP Masters 1000 Monte-Carlo player party.
- If he wasn’t a tennis player, he would be an artist.
- Supports Montreal Canadiens (NHL).
- Practises at Tennis Canada’s National Training Centre in Montreal.
- Fitness trainer is Nicolas Perrotte.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner