Photo Gallery: Top stars practice hard ahead of the 2021 US Open
As the players arrive at Flushing Meadows for the last Grand Slam of 2021, we have been keeping a close eye on their final US Open preparations.
Novak Djokovic arrives in New York having won all three Grand Slams on offer this year, with his recent Wimbledon crown seeing him equal the record held by both Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
Now, the world number one seeks to go one better as he eyes his 21st Major title, which would also see him become the first player since Rod Laver in 1969 to win the Calendar Slam.
One player hoping to stop Novak Djokovic from lifting his 21st Major is Greek star Stefanos Tsitsipas.
The world number three has been in fine form in 2021, possessing a 48-14 record and achieving a career-high ranking.
However, the 23-year-old is yet to taste Grand Slam success despite leading Djokovic by two sets to love at Roland Garros earlier this year.
Tsitsipas has been practicing alongside one of the most talented players never to win a Grand Slam in the form of Gael Monfils.
The Frenchman had a difficult start to 2021 with just three wins from 13 matches, though has enjoyed somewhat of a revival in recent weeks, winning four of his last six matches including victories over Frances Tiafoe and Alex De Minaur.
Catch him in a playful discussion with Stefanos and Apolostolos Tsitsipas.
If there’s one player who would’ve been disappointed to leave the grass courts it’s Matteo Berrettini.
The Italian star enjoyed the biggest victory of his career by winning the ATP 500 at Queens earlier this year, before a barnstorming run to the Wimbledon final saw him eventually fall to Novak Djokovic.
With a big serve and forehand, Berrettini will hope to go one better than he did at Wimbledon. The 25-year-old has also been snapped focusing on his backhand, which some perceive to be the only chink in his armour.
One player that has already started her US Open campaign is British star Emma Raducanu.
The 18-year-old, who burst onto the Wimbledon scene as a relative unknown, quickly became a household name after storming into the round of 16.
The Brit is now eyeing a similar run at the US Open, having come through her first qualifying round in convincing fashion with a 6-1 6-2 victory over Bibiane Schoofs.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner