‘Novak Djokovic will win more Grand Slams than Roger Federer,’ says former WTA star
Novak Djokovic has ‘nothing to stop him’ from topping Roger Federer’s Grand Slam count, according to Daniela Hantuchova.
Djokovic is currently three major titles short of Federer and Rafael Nadal, who both have 20 to their name.
Nadal is likely to add further to his before he retires, but opportunities appear to be running dry for 39-year-old Federer.
And that, says Amazon Prime analyst and former world number four Hantuchova, means the Swiss ace will eventually be beaten into third place in the Grand Slam race,
“Yeah I think so, just because [Djokovic is] younger, fresher and his fitness levels are higher than I’ve ever seen,” she said.
“He’s got that hunger, that motivation inside of him which I really find so admirable, for all three guys, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic.
“To still have that hunger after everything they’ve achieved, I do believe they’re better because of each other, they keep pushing each other.
“I feel like Novak has still got a lot of miles in his legs and as long as he can stay healthy and motivated, I don’t see what could stop him.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner