‘Novak is with us’ – Djokovic schedule updated as compatriot reveals ‘agreement’
Novak Djokovic has ‘an agreement’ to represent Serbia at the Davis Cup at the end of this year, says compatriot Filip Krajinovic.
Djokovic has not played a match since losing to Daniil Medvedev in the final of the US Open last month.
That defeat was especially tough for Djokovic, who was reduced to tears during the third set, as it ended his hopes of winning a historic calendar Grand Slam this year.
He had already won all the other majors in 2021, but agonisingly fell at the final hurdle in New York.
He has stepped away from the ATP Tour since to rest and recover, but it seems we can expect to see the world number one at least once more this season.
“I would like to use the next three tournaments to raise my game before the Davis Cup”, Krajinović told Blic.
“We are going there with all the best players, so our goal is to lift the trophy, just like we did in 2010.
“Novak is with us, so we are surely not going there to lose. We made an agreement to play, all of us, we are eager to get that trophy.”
- Read >> Breaking tennis news
- Follow >> 24/7 LIVE scores
- Join >> Tennishead CLUB, the world’s only virtual tennis club
- Social >> Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Order >> World’s best tennis magazine
- Shop >> Lowest price tennis gear from our trusted retail partner