‘Novak Djokovic is the top favourite to win US Open’ insists analyst
Novak Djokovic will head to US Open with a chance of making history. The Serb has already won Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 2021, he is one step from becoming the first male since Rod Laver to win all four Majors in a calendar year.
The 34-year-old will head to New York following a disappointing campaign at Tokyo Olympics where his hopes of a Golden Slam were crushed by eventual champion Alexander Zverev.
After a gruelling 2021, Djokovic pulled out of Masters events in Toronto and Cincinnati meaning he will play US Open without a tune-up event.
Despite that, former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli believes Djokovic is still the firm favourite to take the title in New York.
“I would not understand if we do not place him as a big favourite. For me he is the big favourite,” Bartoli said. “It’s a little easier. He has a day off between each match, he has time to think about each victory, he has time to rest before the next game.”
“I think the Grand Slams are definitely playing in favour of Novak Djokovic. To be honest, I can’t see him failing to win the US Open.” she added.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner