‘Novak Djokovic is clearly the best player of the big three,’ says Wimbledon legend
Wimbledon legend Pat Cash says it is ‘clear’ that Novak Djokovic is the best of the big three, but he is his least favourite.
Djokovic currently trails Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal by three in the Grand Slam count although he owns many other records outright.
He is also the youngest of the three, meaning he is likely to have more opportunities left to increase his tally of major titles.
There is an ongoing debate in tennis over which of the three is the greatest of all time, and Cash has painted his colours to the mast.
“If I have to choose who I like to watch the most, I say Federer, then Nadal,” Cash said.
“But if I have to choose the best player, it’s Djokovic, that’s clear. He’s a monster. He can beat them on their best surfaces.
“A lot of people say Federer is the best player ever, but he’s the second of his time.
“It’s hard to be the best in history if you’re not in your era?”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner