Novak Djokovic hits line judge’s face with ball at French Open
After his default from the US Open, Novak Djokovic must have had his heart in his hands
Fortunately this time it was a complete mistake as Novak Djokovic stretched wide to reach a serve hit by his opponent Karen Khachanov the ball bounced off the frame of his racket and cannoned into the face off the service line judge.
Thankfully no-one was hurt and no disciplinary action was needed, unlike in New York at the US Open where the Serb Djokovic was sent packing from the tournament as his actions had been deemed deliberate.
This time everyone on court including the umpire realised it was a simple accident and play continued as normal.
Watch what happened (courtesy of @doublefault28)
— doublefault28 (@doublefault28) October 5, 2020
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner