Novak Djokovic confirms he will skip Paris Masters, admitting: ‘I am mentally exhausted’
Novak Djokovic has confirmed he will skip the Paris Masters next month, declaring himself ‘mentally exhausted’.
The world number one recently lost at the French Open to Rafael Nadal, and many analysts have agreed he didn’t look like himself in the final.
Since then Djokovic took some time out to visit Bosnia, where he confirmed his plans for the remainder of the season and the reasons behind them.
“At the end of the year I will play two tournaments: Vienna and London,” Djokovic told Mozzart Sports.
“I have not been to Vienna for almost 15 years. And it is a tournament that was not in my original calendar, but I really want to play there.
“This has been a pretty strange season, but I hope to finish it in the first position. That is my goal and what I keep working on.
“I have played a lot in the last two and a half months. With the addition that I have not been able to go out or travel a lot.
“First because of the restrictions and then because of the quarantine rules in the tournaments. That has left me very exhausted on a mental level.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner