Nick Kyrgios reopens Novak Djokovic spat, telling reporters: ‘I don’t like him at all’
Nick Kyrgios attempted to reopen his spat with Novak Djokovic by openly mocking the Serbian’s celebration before his doubles match.
Kyrgios’ and Djokovic’s comments towards each other has been a continuous theme at the Australian Open despite the latter trying to draw a line under it.
However, as he walked onto the court before his doubles match, Kyrgios sarcastically imitated the world number one before later opening admitting he ‘doesn’t like him.’
“Just feeling the love,” Nick Kyrgios told the press to explain the walk-on. “Just trying to spread the good word of the celebration. Everyone loves that celebration. It’s well liked.
— Wide World of Sports (@wwos) February 14, 2021
“We’re just having some fun. Novak, I’m sure, doesn’t like me and we both have respect for each other, but I don’t like him at all, so it’s fun,
“We just banter anyway. When we tweet or when we just do stuff, it’s for fun.
“You can’t take it all too seriously.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner