New virtual resource for tennis coaches arrives
Global shoe and clothing experts ASICS have deepened their links with tennis by launching a community platform aimed at delivering advice and support to tennis coaches
ASICS shoes are well regarded especially because of the company’s heavy investment in research and technology and now the Japanese brand have turned their attention to supporting the development of tennis players of all standards through a partnership with coaches from around Europe.
ASICS are driving their efforts based on research which states that 90% of tennis players use recommendations from their coach but those same coaches say they have little time to learn and develop their own skill-sets.
The ASICS Tennis Academy provides a free resource to learn from carefully chosen experts in multiple fields such as coaching, body conditioning and sports psychology.
Rene Zandbergen, Head of Product Development at ASICS tennis says, “It’s important that tennis players choose a shoe that fits their playing style, either baseline, all-court or a combination we call best of both,”
“Tennis shoes may all seem the same, but there is specific technology in each shoe that supports and protects the natural movement of the foot, which is why it is so important to play in the right shoe, to stay injury free. By connecting with coaches all over Europe, we hope to make it easy for them to identify playing style and make the right recommendation to their players.”
Patrick Mouratoglou, a regular contributor for Tennishead is also involved and has said, “Being a coach means helping your players reach their full potential, and with this new virtual knowledge sharing platform from ASICS, that just got easier. We began our partnership with ASICS one year ago, with the ambition to support each other in a common goal, to drive the game of tennis forward. By supporting and investing in tennis coaches, they are delivering on this promise.”
The ASICS Tennis Academy is a free resource accessible for all at ASICS.com/asicstennisacademy
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner