‘Nadal has the best chance to finish with the most Grand Slams’, says Andrey Rublev
Andrey Rublev believes Rafael Nadal has the best chance out of the ‘Big Three’ to finish with the most Grand Slam titles.
The world No. 8 faces Stefanos Tsitsipas in the final of the Monte Carlo Masters today. The Russian beat world No. 3 Nadal in the quarter-finals of the Masters 1000 tournament.
“It is difficult to say, because they are the three greatest in history,” said Rublev in an interview with El Mundo.
“Right now, I think Rafa is the one with the best chances because he has already reached Federer’s 20, and at Roland Garros he is definitely the big favorite.
“Federer is coming off an injury and hasn’t played many games. He needs to regain his rhythm, his form and get ready for the grass and try to win Wimbledon.
“And there is Novak, who has won Australia again and is No. 1 in the world. It will be difficult to beat.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner