‘My style is very different to yours!’ Medvedev jokes with Santoro after French Open win
Medvedev is enjoying himself more and more at the French Open, as he was relaxed and cheerful enough to banter with the French legend.
The Russian star spoke openly in French about his progress at the French Open so far after easing past Reilly Opelka in straight sets in the third round.
“My style of play is a bit different from yours I think!” Medvedev began during his on-court interview with Fabrice Santoro.
“Opelka is a great server, and he’s played very well on clay so far this year. I mean, he made his first Masters 1000 semi-final in Rome.
“I focused on my game today, and the humidity really helped my game and I’m happy to go through in straight sets, I did well today.”
Few expected Medvedev to go far at this year’s French Open given his track record at the tournament so far in his career and on clay in general.
But the world No. 2 is feeling confident on the surface in Paris, even saying it is similar to playing on hard courts.
Daniil Medvedev will face a tricky test against clay specialist Cristian Garin in the fourth round next time he’s on-court.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner