Miami Open 2021 Men’s Draw Preview
The men’s draw for this week’s Miami Open has been released, here’s a look at who the top players competing are and what you can look forward to.
Andy Murray, champion in Miami in 2009 and 2013, will face a finalist from last week in Dubai, South-African Lloyd Harris, in the first round of the Masters 1000 tournament.
The 32 highest ranked players in the tournament will be seeded and receive a first round bye.
While the men’s draw for the Miami Open this year has drawn more attention for its lack of top players rather than the opposite, there are still a number of promising matchups that we could see in the coming week.
Young up-and-comer Alexei Popyrin could face Daniil Medvedev in the third round if he defeats Feliciano Lopez and Reilly Opelka.
Alexander Zverev will face Carlos Alcaraz for the second time in as many weeks if the teenage wildcard makes it past Emil Ruusuvuori in the first round. Furthermore, the Acapulco champion could then come up against another next-gen star in Jannik Sinner in the fourth round, provided he makes it past Doha champions Nikoloz Basilashvili in the Round of 32.
On the Subject of Jannik Sinner, the Italian future star could face fellow next-gen prospect Hugo Gaston in the second round before likely facing Karen Khachanov in the third.
In-form Andrey Rublev could meet surprise Acapulco semi-finalist 19-year-old Lorenzo Musetti in the fourth round, before a potential all-Russian affair in the quarter-finals if Dubai champion Aslan Karatsev reaches that stage too.
A Tsitsipas-de Minaur fourth round could be on the cards, after which the Greek could face Canadian star Denis Shapovalov in the quarter-finals.
Another Canadian, Felix Auger-Aliassime, looks set to face 2018 champion and big-serving American John Isner in the third round.
Grigor Dimitrov could face Singapore finalist Alexander Bublik in the fourth round, provided the Kazakh upsets Montpellier champion David Goffin in the third.
Andy Murray face Dubai finalist Lloyd Harris in the first round, and will have to battle past him and Roberto Bautista Agut to progress to the Round of 32, with Felix Auger-Aliassime likely to be his fourth round opponent if the Brit makes it that far.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner