Matteo Berrettini signs up to Mouratoglou’s Ultimate Tennis Showdown
The leading Italian young star Matteo Berrettini will be showing his skills at the Mouratoglou Academy as he becomes the latest player to announce his place in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown
World ranked No.8, Matteo Berrettini, will play his first competitive tennis match since the coronavirus lockdown forced the cancellation of all tennis tour’s when he steps on court at the Mouratoglou Academy in the south of France for his first encounter as part of the new format Ultimate Tennis Showdown
Berrettini, at the age of 24 and standing 6ft 5inches, has the tennis world at his feet. A stunning 2019 season saw him reach the ATP Finals for the top 8 players for the first time after an incredible run to the semi-finals of the US Open, only to be beaten by eventual champion Rafa Nadal.
Berrettini possesses huge weapons from the back of the court and his size and strong physique make him a formidable opponent.
Matteo Berrettini said: “It’s a great pleasure for me to participate in the first UTS championships among so many friends and players. After a never-ending period of inactivity, I am really hungry to compete and hungry and watch sports, as millions of fans around the world. Patrick and his team have developed a highly entertaining format that will be quick and fun to watch. It will surely help to bring people back in good spirits while we wait for the ATP Tour to resume.”
According to the official website, UTSLive.TV the event will be an “international tennis showdown series organizing real competitive matches between some of the best professional players, streamed live into the homes of millions of fans from around the world.
**Sorry to interrupt but did you know you can order a FREE COPY of tennishead magazine (worth $15) to be sent direct to your home? Hurry up and click here to order the world’s best tennis magazine for free as stocks will run out soon!**
“The idea behind the highly entertaining tennis platform came about when renowned coach Patrick Mouratoglou and tech entrepreneur Alex Popyrin were brainstorming new ways of revolutionizing the way tennis is played, watched and appreciated. UTS organizers are viewing this challenge as a window of opportunity. Aligned with local social distancing requirements, the Mouratoglou Academy will host an invitation-only showdown series for five consecutive weekends starting on June 13 featuring real tennis matches between many household names in tennis, such as David Goffin, Fabio Fognini, Alexei Popyrin, Benoit Paire, Lucas Pouille or Dustin Brown.”
The UTS will commence from 13th June assuming France’s program to ease their lockdown continues as planned
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner