Robson earns first WTA ranking
Junior Wimbledon champion Laura Robson made her debut in the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles world rankings when the new list was published on Monday morning.
Laura Robson enters the list at No.550 after playing her third professional event in Barnstaple, Devon, last week. She is the 13th-highest ranked British player in the world rankings.
Sign up for Tennishead email news alerts
Laura Robson hit the headlines when she became the youngest winner of the girls singles at Wimbledon since Martina Hingis in July.
In September she made a surprisingly successful debut on the pro tour, reaching the second round of a French Futures event and the semi-finals of the $75,000 ITF event in Shrewsbury, England, a week later.
Laura Robson found the going a little tougher last week when she lost in the first round in both the singles and doubles at the $50,000 ITF tournament in Barnstaple.
Her next test will provide fans with an idea of how she will fare against the worlds best players when she makes her debut at a WTA Tour event for the first time.
Robson has accepted a wild card into the WTA tier 3 Fortis Championships which begins in Luxembourg on Monday October 20.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner