‘Jannik Sinner will be one of the best players in the world,’ predicts Spanish star
Jannik Sinner ‘will be one of the best players in the world’ soon, according to Miami Masters semi-final opponent Roberto Bautista Agut.
Sinner defeated the Spaniard in Dubai last month, and they will meet again in the last four in Miami after Bautista Agut stunned Daniil Medvedev in the quarter-finals.
And, after already seeing Sinner up close, Bautista Agut has little doubt about his quality.
“Jannik Sinner is playing great. I have to say he will be one of the best players in the world,” Bautista Agut said after beating Medvedev 6-4, 6-2.
“It was a very tough match in Dubai, and it was a very tight score.
“He’s playing great, he’s very solid and he has very good strokes. I think I’ll have to play another good match like tonight.
“I want to enjoy another good match and be happy about playing in the semi-finals.”
On the Medvedev match, Bautista Agut added: “I want to give Daniil all the credit, I know he is one of the best players in the world.
“He’s been winning a lot of matches, he’s number two in the world, so I’m very happy and proud about how I played today.
“I think I showed a great level on the court.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner