‘I’ve never felt more insulted!’ – Nick Kyrgios rages at comparisons to fellow ATP bad-boy
Nick Kyrgios says he has ‘never felt more insulted’ after apparently being compared to fellow-Aussie Bernard Tomic.
Kyrgios has certainly built a reputation for controversy over the course of his career, although he has also made a number of good moral stands too.
He has started his own charitable foundation, and he took a leading role in raising money to help those affected by the Australian bush fires in 2020.
Tomic, by comparison, has all but fallen off the tennis radar and is currently languishing at number 207 in the world, and makes more headlines for dating former Love Island Australia contestant Vanessa Sierra than anything else.
And, when an unnamed person apparently compared the two, Kyrgios took to Instagram to vent his fury.
“I got compared with Bernard Tomic today and I’ve never felt more insulted,” Kyrgios wrote.
“Does he have a foundation? Does he have the accomplishments? Did he raise money for the bushfires? It’s disgusting man.
“Do you research, also I ain’t with anyone who does OnlyFans (Sierra). Oh and by accomplishments (I beat the big 4).”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner